Our Country Kids

Our Country Kids
Our Three Blessings

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beach!!



The last week of June the boys and I were treated to a beach trip to Ocean Lakes Campground with Grandma and Granddaddy while Scott went to Youth Camp with the Middle School Youth from our chuch. We had a GRAND time swimming, playing in the pool, going to the arcade, riding bikes, and touring the campground on the golf cart. We ate at all of our favorite places: K & W cafeteria (Stephen lives for the Jello), Texas Roadhouse (Silas lives for the Ribs!) and Prosser's BBQ (we all live for the delicious buffet!). Silas must have rode a hundred miles on his bike. I was a little iffy about Stephen riding his with all of the golf cart traffic, but he did fine--I just had to keep yelling "Right side of the road Stephen, RIGHT SIDE!"
 
Silas helping Granddaddy unload the golf cart. It causes quite a stir, it one of the VERY few 3 wheel carts you'll see
 (circa 1976ish)!

Stephen chilling out on Grandma's bed!

Me riding on the golf cart with the boys riding their bikes down to the beach

Loving the surf and sand!

Teamwork! Gotta have TEAMWORK! (Rare, I must admit)


Our little home away from home!
As a bonus, the boys rode down in the van with G & G, so I was alone in the car for 3 hours....a sacrifice for sure, but I jammed to my WOW CD and K-LOVE radio! It was wonderful! I also read two WHOLE books while I was there: "Heaven is for Real", and "How to have a Heart for Your Kids".  Loved it!

No comments: