Our Country Kids

Our Country Kids
Our Three Blessings

Monday, November 19, 2012

Stephen Josiah is SIX!!!!

The same day as Sophie's adoption finalization, Stephen's birth mom N and Grandma B came into town to celebrate his birthday with us! We started with cake, and then went to Chuck E Cheese for some pizza and fun! Unfortunately, there was a wreck on the interstate, so our fun was cute short when the lights went out! No power at Chuck's means NO fun!!
 
Silas being the creative one, we had no candles, so he improvised with matches....we called them "Redneck Candles!"
 
Matches burn FAST!!

Grandma B and N!!


Birth momma love!!

On his actual birthday, the 19th, we went out to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate!

Yee-Haw!! Riding the birthday saddle!
 
At Stephen's 6 year checkup, he measured the size of a 9 year old! I'm afraid we're going to be looking up to him pretty soon! He has the most tender, loving heart of anyone I've ever met. He is quick to say he is sorry, and is very compassionate to everyone. He LOVES anyone of the female gender, which may be cause for great concern the older he gets, but for now it's just plain sweet. He is quick to wriggle his eyebrows up and down (we call it his flirt face) for any girl he sees. He asks "Does that work for you?" Of course it does! He tries it out on me occasionally, but I don't fall for it anymore. He told me one day, "Momma, I wish my flirt face worked on you!" It does, but I'm not telling him that! For now, he thinks I'm immune to it!! LOVE that boy!! What a blessing he is to us and his birth family!

No comments: