Our Country Kids

Our Country Kids
Our Three Blessings

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tweetsie Railroad, Boone NC

We took a quick, overnight trip to Tweetsie RR this past week. We got there in the afternoon and ate lunch at the Daniel Boone Inn. They serve you family style in bowls, and you pass them around the table. Stephen ate 2 chicken legs and some corn, then he had chocolate cake for dessert. The rest of us ate a little bit of everything: fried chicken, ham biscuits, country fried steak, corn, green beans, slaw, mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits with cherry preserves....you get the picture, it was a lot of food!
Lunch at the Daniel Boone Inn
Stephen and I on the chair lift down the mountain


Riding the Mouse Miners train!


I told them to "look sad"....this is what I got!
Sophie and I skipped this ride, but Scott and the boys were on this one
Three CRAZY boys!!

Silas rode the chairlift all by himself and loved it!


Both of the boys rode the cars many times!
We stopped by on the way home to see my Aunt Lois, my mom's sister. She lives in a town that is about an hour away, so we don't get her way often. I remember growing up and being at her house at least three times a week, she used to live 10 minutes from us.


No comments: