Our Country Kids

Our Country Kids
Our Three Blessings

Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Photo Shoot

Anyone who is Facebook friends with me would tell you that I take and post A LOT of pictures. I have always loved taking pictures, and have owned some sort of camera since I was 10 years old. Anyone old enough to remember the Kodak Disk Camera? I thought that one was the coolest thing when I was a teenager! Anyway, when Sophie came along I splurged and finally bought a good camera---my first one that is not a point and shoot. I am still trying to figure out the settings and the best time of day to shoot, so my pictures are a work in progress. Our agency requires monthly updates and photos for the first year. These updates are more important for me than ever because Sophie's adoption is closed, and pictures are all she gets. It is so different for us after two open adoptions. We send pictures directly to the boys' birthfamilies and we are always happy to hear that they received them and which ones they like the best---plus, we're Facebook friends with them as well, so they get to see all the pictures I post anyway. I have to be intentional about printing some out and actually sending them too.  A closed adoption feels so one-sided. She did request to receive pictures, so at least I know that she wants them. So far we have no idea if the pictures have been received, or what she thinks of them. Hard. This, however, does not make me lack motivation to try to give her the best shots I can give her. It makes me want the pictures to show her everything she can't see in person....a glimpse into what Sophie's life is like in our family. Even if we never hear anything from her, I will still try to send the very best to her to show her our thankfulness for choosing life for our precious daughter!

This is my favorite one of the day!


Too much shade, sunlight peeking through, but still cute!


In she shade, but what a sweet smiley girl


Too sunny....she can't even open her eyes it's so bright! We'll just say she was sleeping here!


Deep shade by a cedar tree....I was trying to get away from the dappled sunlight


Under the deck on the picnic table, trying to escape the bright sun


I think she's done!!

4 comments:

Joy for the Seasons said...

She's getting so big! So beautiful.

Peggi said...

I am needing a Sophie fix--she is getting so big! and that smile melts my heart every time I see it---she is one cutie patootie!!!!!

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

She is so beautiful!!!! I am so happy you guys are having so much fun!!!
Blessings,
Bren

lisa said...

Beautiful pictures! Oh the flashback you just caused with the Kodack Disk- I definitely had one!! We finally got a good camera last year too, and I have slowly but surely been trying to master it. I found this sight on pinterest a while back and found it really helpful. Thought I would pass it along. http://pinterest.com/pin/91549804894926517/
- Lisa