Our Country Kids

Our Country Kids
Our Three Blessings

Thursday, May 31, 2012

CAS Family Picnic

On Saturday May 19th, we had our semi-annual family day with our adoption agency. I LOVE these events, Scott tolerates them! He does have a good time, he just doesn't know as many people as I know, so he chases the boys while I socialize and catch up with my adoptive mommy friends. It was held at Dan Nicholas Park in Salisbury for the 3rd year in a row, and it is a GREAT park. I also make it my mission to take as many pictures of families as I can...they are all posted on Facebook.
Family Photo!

Smiley Sophie! This was her outfit change after I let her diaper go too long.....bad mommy!


Silas being the great big brother and pushing Sophie through the park. We were headed to the paddle boats, but I was too afraid to take the camera on the boat, and I forgot to tell Scott to take a picture of me and the boys on the lake.


We always take a picture here!


This is the only ride I got to see them on, they did all of the activities while I was talking back at the shelter. They got to ride the train, go to the reptile house, go gem mining, and play putt-putt before I was able to catch up with them.


Me and Sophie, Marisa and Anna Carson, Cheryl and Lucy! I LOVE these ladies, but we only get to visit at these events because they live more than 3 hours away, so praise the Lord for Facebook!


This is Stephen's new pose for pictures I guess?


This is right after we reunited and headed out again!

This just about sums up our last adoption wait.....She was definitely worth the wait....and she IS the caboose on the Dobbins family train! Silas asked me one day, "Mom, are we done adopting kids?"....Yes, son, we are!!

1 comment:

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

You are right ... Sweet Baby Sophie was certainly worth the wait!!!
God certainly blesses beautifully!!!
Blessings,
Bren