Our Country Kids

Our Country Kids
Our Three Blessings

Friday, June 11, 2010

Last Day of School for Silas!





He had an okay year academically, but I think he had a great year with his friends. He rarely complained about getting up early, he and his dad had their morning routine down pat. I was either in the bed from closing the night before (not getting home until 11:30pm), or if I had the early shift, 5am or 6am, I was already gone when they got up, so that took me out of the mix. His teacher gave him the "Science Award", she said "his eyes would just light up" when she mentioned the phrase "Science Experiment". Maybe that is the ticket to getting him to read more, for us to find some interesting science books he can read. Anyway, he's doing 2nd grade again next year so hopefully that will help him not start out on the bottom like he has the last 3 years. Hello summer, here we come!

No comments: